Founded in 1890, Siriraj Medical School is the first medical school in Thailand. The School was originally named ‘Pathayakorn School’, the school for medical practitioners, and was given the title of ‘Royal Medical College’ in 1901. In 1923, through the generosity of His Royal Highness Prince Mahidol of Songkla (His Majesty the present King’s father) and the assistance from the Rockefeller Foundation, a novel curriculum was established to meet international standards. The name of the medical school was changed to “Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital” in 1969. The current 6-year curriculum is divided into one pre-medical year, two pre-clinical years and three clinical years.